Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A day I will never forget

I was at the court house I told the clerk that I needed to speak to someone about him, That he needed treatment this Time and not to just be tossed in a Jailcell, he has been sick and has been cutting down on his alcohol intake but he needs treatment... Sitting in the courtroom I awaited his name to be called as I had not seen him the day before in the morning before I headed to work, I kissed him on the cheek and whispered that I loved him, remembering the night before how he told me I was so sweet and he loved me... A Police man came over to me and said the person you're waiting for is en route to the hospital that there was some sort of incident.... I get in my car I drive to the hospital that is just a little bit up the road, I go to reception and say I know he is here but that your not supposed to tell me but the police said he was brought here, someone comes and takes me to a little waiting room, a lady comes in and makes some idle chatter and says the doctor will come in and tell you whats going on... Enters Doctor, well we worked on him and were able to revive him but then he just didn't make it... My world totally crashed around me.. you see he had and old stupid warrant from years back and 2 of his friends decided to turn him in to get him some help but he was never brought to the hospital just to jail, where I eventually found out is where he actually died. He was my boyfriend, his name was Jim Cheney and he was an addict, he quit a heroin addiction before he was my boyfriend, I had known him for a long time and fell in Love with him, he would have given you the shirt off his back but he couldn't slay his demons and he died on January 19, 2006... He would have been 32 a few weeks later his birthday was February 4, Tragic ending to a young life.


this is what I thought of when I heard the news of Amy Winehouse its just sad how drugs and alcohol can destroy lives. for Mama's losing it writing prompts

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I literally wasn't expecting that and found myself holding my breath. Amazes me how death is just so shocking sometimes, reading it or living it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, its very shocking and now I advocate against drinking and drugs, though the shock of death obviously can come in Many many different ways, thank you for reading

    ReplyDelete