Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I had an extremely bad day yesterday

As I am a single mom I have to rely on a daycare voucher for me to go to school/intern. Well yesterday I woke up got ready as usual. Got myself and Alexis out the door earlier than usual because I wanted to get to school early to study for a quiz. When I got to the daycare I was told my voucher was being terminated. I was floored and frustrated. Had to leave and find out why. I called and I was told I was not doing enough to warrant the voucher. What? I am a full time college student and I intern. they were only counting the 11 hours I was physically at school and not counting my internship. They did not call and tell me this. It was a terrible morning. However I said how can this be rectified? where is your internship at they ask. I answer. Well ask them if you can do community service. I talk to my agency and my professor and they are on board with me interning/community service. I will be treated like an Intern but will be getting forms signed saying I am doing community service. Because today is a holiday it is not in effect till tomorrow, but the daycare said they would keep her anyways I do have to intern today

No comments:

Post a Comment