Thursday, November 12, 2009

Talking about Thursday: my favorite vacation spot





I am linking up with Genny from Mycup2yours and writing about my favorite vacation spot.

So I have not been on an actual Vacation since I was still a kid living with my parents. We went to Ohio to visit my dad's dad and step mom and went to Cedar point where I took my dad on the first roller coaster that was suspended as opposed to having rails





Boy I don't think my dad expected that kind of experience, he tossed his cookies (or should I say fried dough) after that.

My grandparents lived on lake Erie it was beautiful and even as a child I recognized the beauty.

I caught fireflies

It was pouring rain but after a hot summer day it was fun to play out there in the puddles with my dad.
(I wish I had the pictures)

I was made to eat fish that my uncle Rich caught which has given me a distaste for all things seafood to this day.

I remember the boat ride in Lake Erie on Uncle Rich's boat feeling the water spray on my face.

I remember my little round smurf floatie I had for swimming in the pool because i could not get my head wet because I had tubes in my ears.

I remember how tan I got on that 2 week long vacation and coming home and people thinking I went to Florida because I was tan.

3 comments:

  1. Fireflies... how fun! We don't get those in CA!

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Lake Erie, but I have great memories of spending summers on a lake with my family. :)

    ReplyDelete